July 10, 2014
Pool parties and popsicles are summer staples. Nothing says fun more than a water gun and a few deceivingly healthy snack options for everyone to indulge on. We’ve worked on a fun recipe just for this special occasion. Of course, it’s low in sugar and perfectly full of natural flavor; that means that this Popsicle won’t turn your mouth neon colors =)
All Natural Strawberry Peach Pops:
-1 ½ cup of slide strawberries
-½ cup minced peach pieces
-1 ½ tablespoon of mint leaves (chopped thinly)
-3 cups of Something Natural Strawberry Peach
-1 tablespoon of fresh lemon zest
1. Prepare your fruit pieces to ensure they’ll look pretty, but still fit into your Popsicle mold or ice tray. Then set aside the fruit.
2. Grab your bottle of sparkling water and add to mold.
3. Add a bit of the lemon zest and mint to each individual Popsicle to ensure even distribution.
4. Add the fruit pieces into the mold alternating between fruit for taste and look. You man even blend the mixture together if you’d prefer a more mixed flavor and an even reddish color throughout.
5. The liquid expands and so leave a ¼ inch of space at the top for the freezing to occur correctly.
6. Insert Popsicle sticks if you are using a special mold.
7. Freeze the mold for 3 hours or longer. To ensure a clean break when removing the Popsicle, just run warm water under the mold for about 15 seconds.
Now you just sit back and enjoy this healthy and refreshing sweet treat… or you can serve to others if you’re feeling generous.
Tags: organic recipe popsicles Something Natural Sparkling Water strawberry peach