February 19, 2014
Something Natural Spritzer Recipe
This winter has been pretty brutal for everyone with our new friend the “polar vortex” hanging around. Get past your winter doldrums and trade them in for some conga drums with our very own sangria recipe we call The Something Natural Spritzer!
If you are in the mood for a slight twist on the old fruity favorite, we’ve decided to kick the soda to the curb in exchange for your favorite flavored sparkling water. Not only is this recipe refreshing to have with dinner, it’s also super easy to make for a party too.
What else is great about this recipe? Well, if you want to keep the drinks flowing without feeling like you’ve ditched your New Year’s health kick, this fruit and wine combo is full of Vitamin C and low in fat. ALSO, you can make any additions or changes to make it your own!
Let’s hit the kitchen…
-1 bottle of red wine (Merlot, Rioja, or a Cab Sav.)
-3-4 Fruits (it’s best to use lemon, orange, apple and you probably have them in your kitchen already!)
-1-2 tablespoon of organic raw sugar
-1 shot of brandy
-1 teaspoon of cinnamon. This spice is what makes the recipe authentic.
-2 bottles of Something Natural Sparkling Water. Pick your favorite kind! We used blueberry lemon for ours.
How to start:
1. Pour your bottle of red wine into a pitcher (some red wines are sweeter than others – so it’s up to you the type you chose!)
2. Cut up the fruit into wedges
3. Squeeze your fantastic fruit wedges into the wine and toss them in after, along with the brandy, sugar and dust of cinnamon. Feel free to forgo the sugar if your wine is sweet enough!
4. It’s always best to chill the mixture overnight to enhance the flavors.
5. Add Something Natural Sparkling Water right before serving.
6. Serve over ice (perhaps frozen blueberries or raspberries, too!)
7. Turn up the music and repeat!
Tags: All Natural All Natural Beverage Flavored Sparkling Water healthy drink recipe Healthy Living Refreshment Something Natural Something Natural Sparkling Water Sparkling Water